The Islamic World’s Abandonment of the Qur’an
Some Muslims have systematically turned their backs on the Qur’an over the years because of these fabricated hadiths and the superstition that various supposed scholars have tried to add onto the faith. According to the fabricated hadiths and pronouncements made jointly by various Islamic scholars many practices have spread that have no place in the Qur’an. These are so difficult and obstructive that many people have begun regarding the Qur’an as “untouchable.” For example;
· Nonsense such as the ideas that “The Qur’an must not be touched unless one has performed ritual ablutions” has made reading the Qur’an difficult.
· Although ritual ablution is clearly set out in just one verse of the Qur’an and is exceptionally easy, according to the superstition of the fanatics, there are thousands of things that can invalidate ablution set out in many long books. Touching the Qur’an has therefore been made almost impossible.
· The Qur’an is generally not to be touched. It can only be placed somewhere high up inside a protective covering and never brought down again.
· While the Qur’an should be the most important part of a Muslim’s life, this nonsense says that only at certain times, such as the month of Ramadan, holy nights and at funerals, the Qur’an should be read and only in Arabic. It is absolutely forbidden for a person to read it in his own tongue. Under the faith of superstition, many people have come to believe that it is a sin to read the Qur’an in their own native language. That is why so many non-Arab communities are ignorant of the content of the Qur’an.
According to the fabricated hadiths and agreements of scholars, the Qur'an is not generally to be read, only to be placed somewhere high up and never taken down again.
· Because of that mentality, millions of Muslims in the world are quite bluntly unaware of what the Qur’an says.
· Although there is no obligation to cover the head in the Qur’an (this will be discussed in due course) and although it contains no rule about only touching the Qur’an in a state of ritual purification, it is still forbidden in this superstitious faith for a woman to touch the Qur’an unless her head is covered and she has purified herself. In the same way, many specious commandments have been invented that prevent the Qur’an being touched through many rules that are very difficult to abide by for men as well.
· One of the best-known myths invented to prevent access to the Qur’an is the idea that that the Qur’an cannot be understood alone, that one needs the interpretations and commentaries of scholars in order to understand it. Some Muslims brought up in this way have believed that they will not be able to find sufficient explanation in the Qur’an, despite God saying “… We have made all things very clear”(Qur'an, 17:12) in one verse, and have imagined that the fabricated hadiths imposed on them are true guideposts.